COME WALK WITH US
our team is growing! we’re looking for fun-loving, reliable, creative, energetic folks to join our tight-knit crew of dogwalk walkers and cat obeyers. think you might be a good fit? complete the form below and we’ll be in touch soon!
DOGWALKER HAPPY TAILS
“Working for Dogwalk was by far my favorite job I’ve ever had! Not only the flexibility, the COUNTLESS cute animals obviously, and the time active and outdoors, but most especially Beth’s kind-hearted, down to earth nature made this my favorite job and favorite boss lady. This is definitely a job for someone with a lot of attention to detail who really loves to walk! I was so sad to leave when life took me elsewhere, but I’m always grateful I got to work with a great team in a great city with great animals. 12/10 recommend! The greatest antidote to the 9-5 office grind.” M.K.D. dogwalker 2015 – 2016
full job description
well established pet sitting/dog walking business in central Durham seeking independent contractors to work up to 5 days a week
schedules vary from week to week based on client needs and due to the covid-19 situation, client needs have shifted and business trends are different. Therefore, we are looking to hire someone who can start at a couple days a week (preferably saturday, sunday and monday) and if all goes well, work up to 5 days a week, working roughly 15-35 hours or 25-65 visits per week.
we’re also hiring for overnight petsitting in client’s homes. this could be someone who has another job during the day or it could be someone who also wants to work for dogwalk during the day.
we are seeking candidates with flexibility to work mornings, mid-days, evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed. we do strive to give all team members two regular days off in a row every week and we accommodate each team member’s scheduling needs as much as possible, creating a strong dogwalking team – we strive to support one another!
independent contractors are compensated based on the specifics of each job they do, on average making $15+/hr. we also offer Paid Time Off, earned as you walk!
* at least 20 years of age
* able to make at minimum a one year commitment to the job
* solid dog handling skills and clear understanding of dog and cat behavior
* available and willing to work a varying schedule, which may include weekends, mornings, evenings and/or holidays
* willing to work outside in all types of weather
* ability to administer basic medications to both cats and dogs
* willingness to learn new skills
* ability to follow detailed instructions that will vary from client to client
* comfortable caring for both cats and dogs
* ability to walk 5 miles or more per day
* honest, dependable, mature and trustworthy
* agree to a background check
* have a dependable car, good driving record and valid driver’s license
* have a smart phone and daily internet access
* ability to keep up with an often-changing daily schedule
* ability to stay on task and keep appointment times
* be organized and work independently as well as communicate with other ic’s, clients and owner
* ability to have fun and be in the moment
* applicants must live in or very close to durham
* proof of covid-19 vaccination